Who does not miss bagels on the paleo diet? This is a grain-free, gluten-free, and a dairy free bagel alternative. It's great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, for an office party and for kids (school safe)!
- One pouch of Legit Bagel Mix will make 6 smaller sized bagels
- No special pans or equipment is needed
- You will need a packet of yeast, maple syrup or honey, and water
- This is a traditional bagel making method - mix and shape by hand, then boil and bake (really special for the holidays!)
- Fun to make on your own or with people!
- They are best eaten the day you make them or the next day
- Full nutrition can be found in the pictures
The ingredients in the BAGEL MIX include: Otto's Naturals® Cassava Flour, Pumpkin Seeds, Potato Starch, Golden Flax Meal, and Sea Salt
Made with Otto's Cassava Flour. Certified Paleo. Kosher. Nut Free. Grain Free.
Question: Can this recipe be made vegan?
Answer: Yes! This does not require eggs and you can substitute maple syrup for the honey!
Make sure you check out our youtube video for a few tips and tricks for making the bagels :)
Legit Bread was developed by Jennifer Robins, who after giving up gluten and then grain, realized how inauthentic paleo and allergen friendly bread options were. She locked herself in her kitchen, refusing to come out until the loaf was legit (No pun intended). We are very proud to carry her amazing bread mixes!
*Pictures: @hookedonpaleo, paleobosslady, treadtothemetal
I tried making these and followed the directions but the dough was way too sticky. I tried adding some almond flour but it did not help. Some wheat flour helped but the bagels turned out really dense and did not cook through. Disappointing. Maybe the instructions are missing a rising/proofing step? Or maybe you need to use a special kind of yeast?