PHILOSOPHIE GREEN DREAM SMOOTHIE BARS! 🌱
This is your new kid 🧒, family 👨👩👧👦, freezer ❄️, tired parent 💤 -friendly recipe! Healthy fat, added iron, protein goodness, all of the taste, no added sugar, minimal work… you. are. WELCOME!
Philosophie Green Dream is an AMAZING source of iron and so many other important nutrients!!
Parents and caregivers, as the back-to-school season is here 🎒 (sorry, I had to say it!), I’m especially thinking of you on this #RecipeMonday! This is a snack you will feel good giving, with minimal fuss and prep. The texture is soft enough for self-feeding infants 👶🏼, yet delicious enough for the whole family, from toddlers to adults! 🥳
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 - 2 TB Philosophie Green Dream Superfood Protein (see below!)
- 1 TB Lee's Provisions Vanilla Bean Good Fat Blend (see below)
- 1 TB nut butter - I suggest Fatso! (optional - if making for #babyledweaning infant, be sure to test allergen exposure first)
- Toss all ingredients in blender and blend, blend, blend! That’s it! Parent WIN!
- Bake at 350F in a 9 inch silicone pan for 15-20 minutes (you want the edges to be firm and toothpick to come out clean)
- Let cool and cut into bars, bites, or whatever shape you want! (Toddlers especially love the crinkle-cutter!)
- Double batch and freeze for the snack that keeps on giving!
PRO TIP ✅: This recipe is the perfect base to add to! Want more protein? Throw in some hemp hearts! Want some crunch? Top with unsweetened shredded coconut! Different flavours? Add whatever veggies or fruit you like! Just be sure to add 2 tbsp rolled oats for each 1/4 cup veggie/fruit addition, to make sure it continues to firm up in the oven.
Make it Low Carb and Paleo Friendly - skip the oatmeal and add Chia or Flax. Lower the banana content!